Unitarian Universalists have many ways of articulating our seven Principles in simpler language. We teach our children the principles as Rainbow Promises, using the seven colors of the rainbow.
- Red – is Respect for All Beings.
- Orange – Promise is to Offer fair and kind treatment to all.
- Yellow – Promise to Yearn to learn about ourselves, others and the Mystery.
- Green – Promise is to Grow by exploring what is right and true in life.
- Blue – Promise is to Believe in our ideas and act on them.
- Indigo – Promise is to Insist on a peaceful, fair and free world for all.
- Violet – Promise is to Value our home Earth that we share.