Welcome to Common Read 2021
The goals of this discussion is:
• Invite responses to Breathe: A Letter to My Sons by Imani Perry
• Explore lived experiences, hurt, harm, and trauma based on being BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, or Person of Color) in America
• Consider paths to hope, healing, and resilience despite the challenges and the injustices of living in a white supremacy culture
By participating in this discussion you promise to:
• Speak from your own experiences and perspectives. Use “I” statements.
• Attend generously to the experiences and perspectives of others.
• Actively resist making assumptions about one another.
• Expect and accept non-closure.
• Respect the confidentiality of personal information and stories shared here.
• Refrain from giving advice unless solicited
This is a moderated discussion which means all posts will be approved by the DLRE before they appear on the website. Therefore your comment will not appear immediately. Posts will be approved 3 times a day, so please be patient. (Note: Approved does not mean I agree with posts, or will edit posts. Approving posts is happening to make sure this discussion doesn’t receive SPAM ~Leann)