Mike’s New Car (9/20/20)
Animated Short Synopsis
Mike Wakowski, from Monsters, Inc., just bought a new 6-wheel-drive car, and can’t wait to take Sulley for a ride. However, Mike hasn’t mastered the complicated controls yet, and keeps running into problems. What was it again that was wrong with his old car?
- Why does Mike want a new car?
- Why does Sulley react the way he does to Mike’s new car?
- Why does Mike say, “I miss my old car?”
- Can you think of times when you wanted something because it was new or popular?
- Does owning the newest item make a person happy?
Activity: Mike Wakowski Oreo Pop
A fun, edible way to make your own Monster. Adult supervision is needed to melt chocolate.
- double-stuffed Oreos
- green candy melts
- lollipop sticks
- large candy eyes
- slivered almonds or marshmallows
- Chocolate Twizzlers
- Microwave or stovetop for melting (microwave is recommended)
- Toothpick or knife
- Melt the candy melts, following the instructions on the
- Dip one end of a lollipop stick into the candy melt, then push that end of the stick into the middle of the white filling in an Oreo. Let harden about 5 minutes, so that the stick will hold in
- Spoon candy melt over the top and sides of the Oreo to coat completely. If needed, smooth a little with a knife or
- While the candy melt is still melted, attach the eye; put a dab of candy melt on the back of the candy eye to act as “glue”, then place on Oreo.
- Dip the end of a slivered almond into the candy melt, then push into the middle of the Oreo, top left, for a horn; repeat top right.
- Cut a smile out of the Twizzler and attach in the same
- Prop the finished Oreo pop in a glass to harden. Place in the refrigerator for faster hardening.